01 May 2012

Two fox brothers


My friend Fredrik Ödman (if you haven't seen his photography you should!) asked for an original copy of a drawing... but since most of my originals aren't drawn on the best paper I thought it might be best to simply make a new one. Also... when my hand slips while drawing I fix the flaws in photoshop... but I can't be as easy minded when drawing a picture that will be sold with the real ink on the paper.

This one is about two brothers trying to get to their grandmothers birthday in time... but having some difficulties since their horse has broken his leg. It's windy... it's getting dark... and the swans are not very eager to cooperate. I hope they will make it anyway!

11 comments:

  1. Your pictures and drawings always make me think of storietales I've heard or books I've read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cute ! I love it ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so pretty, and I love the story :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful story, and a bit grim and romanticized at the same time. Love the whorls in the tree trunk and the tiny bandage on the horse's leg. I am intrigued about the rest of the story and if they made it and what the cake was like and who else was at the party...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your illustration and the story behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your illustrations are so... scandinavian, for me, since always. it's probably inexplicably.
    maybe that's why I adore them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jättefin! Jag har följt din blogg sedan jag köpte din 2012-kalender i AF-borgen i julas, den hänger i min hall och gör mig glad varje dag. Nu är det så, att jag har ett projekt på gång och jag behöver en duktig illustratör. Eftersom dina bilder har inspirerat mig till den bild jag har i huvudet, undrar jag om du skulle vara intresserad av att rita en bild till mig? Jag berättar gärna mer på mejl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hej hej Sara! Vad är det för projekt du gör? Du kan berätta mer på mail!

      Delete
  8. Nu har jag mejlat! :D

    ReplyDelete